Here are a few Pictures over the past 4months of my Life on Whidbey Island! It's a fun adventure! I am definitely learning a ton about Life and the little "Everyday" things that draws us to seek the Lord in more ways. I count myself very blessed for the Joys and growing pains of life. I am discovering more about communication with others and with the Lord....It's certainly been a journey these past six months that I have lived up here on this Beautiful Island; one that I am eager to continue...
Psalms 37:3-5
"Trust in the LORD and do good;
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the LORD;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it."
^My Little Nephew "Jack" learning how to smell the Roses!
(Happy Birthday Aub -- Wahoo!!!)
^FLYING with a friend over Penn Cove of Whidbey Island! Oh the JOY of being in an Airplane!
^Hiking out at Ebey's Landing with a Friend!

^"The Burn" On April 14th I experienced some "real life" Medical Emergency Training! It was a Second Degree burn to my Right hand. The first pic was just a about an hour after the initial incident, still in the ER. The Second pic was around Day 10. The story goes like this for those who are intrigued to hear more... :). After attempting to put out a "small" flame that was protruding from a candle of wax that was sitting on my stove (yes this sounds stupid I realize that now), my hand became (thankfully) the only object that was seriously damaged. I believe the burn was caused from the hot wax, but still I am not 100% on the details. Everything happened so fast. Thankfully, there was minimal damage to the kitchen and my body. In all I got to see the ER, realized how comforting it is to have family close by, saw a Burn Specialist in Seattle twice, and missed about 10days of work. I hope the Lord use this experience for me to help others even more. Because through it all I have definitely gained a greater understanding for "Burn Pain" and the healing process....It is one of the most intense feelings I have ever experienced. I normally think I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but that night the pain that I felt was crazy.
So Lessons learned and I hope to educate others about:
1. Never "god for a walk" with a burner on low...Don't be absent minded like me! Set timers!
2. Even though smothering a flame is good, when water comes into contact with Hot wax it WILL react and spray everywhere.
3. For Second and Third Degree Burns DO NOT put ice or run under Cold Water. Instead place under Luke-Warm water and cover with a clean bandage, as the Ice creates even more damage to the tissue and the Air only intensifies the pain!
4. God's design of healing is a Miracle...I have a whole new appreciation for our Skin and how wounds heal!
Finally, I think I'm learning the Beauty of Listening to Jesus...It is hard to take it all in at times, but I challenge you as well as myself to stop and "Smell the Roses"...Because no matter where He has placed you His Creation cries out in Worship, maybe it is a subtle whisper or a vivacious sound. But whether is through the sun setting over the water, or the birds singing in the trees, or even through a good laugh with a friend I think the Lord is speaking to our lives...to LIVE & Enjoy each step of the Journey. What a GOOD GOD we Serve! May we Love Him & Serve Him all the Days of our Lives!
With Joy,
Victoria :)
No comments:
Post a Comment